The entire family is putting in time and sweat to make the move happen, but no matter how hard you try, you can’t seem to get Fido to understand what is happening. Moving boxes and movers make him nervous and uneasy, and the fast-approaching car ride to the new home certainly won’t set that tail to wagging. Moving is a big change – even for dogs – but the tips and resources in this infographic will help.
Your pooch will cheer up once he sees all there is to do in Salem no matter which area your new home is in. Start off with a walk around Canobie Lake Park, or treat him to one of the area’s dog parks. For a more unique experience, the two of you can explore America’s Stonehenge or nearby Searles Castle or Winnekenni Castle.
For more information:
1. Visit bringfido.com to find pet friendly establishments
2. Visit petco.com to order new ID tags
3. Visit yelp.com to read vet reviews
4. Visit humanesociety.org for help with packing a travel bag for your dog
5. Visit consumeraffairs.com to hire pet friendly movers
6. Visit vcahospitals.com for tips on managing your pet’s stress
7. Visit aspca.com for more tips on moving with a pet
8. Visit cesarsway.com to get tips on being calm and patient with your dog
There is so much to do in Salem that your pooch will soon forget the move – some snuggles and treats certainly wouldn’t hurt either. Take the move one day at a time, and don’t let it stress you out. A happy owner makes for one happy dog.